Assoc. Prof. Dr. Shabnum Shaheen is a distinguished academic and researcher affiliated with Quaid-I-Azam University in Islamabad. With expertise in her field, Dr. Shaheen has made significant contributions to the academic community through her research, teaching, and scholarly activities. As an Associate Professor, she plays a crucial role in shaping the academic landscape at Quaid-I-Azam University, contributing to the development of students and the advancement of knowledge in her respective discipline. Dr. Shaheen’s dedication to her work, coupled with her impressive academic credentials, reflects a commitment to excellence in education and research. Her presence at Quaid-I-Azam University further enhances the institution’s reputation as a center for intellectual growth and scholarly achievement.
Citations – 1585
h-index – 21
i10-index – 40
Dr. Shabnum Shaheen, a distinguished scholar and academician, completed a Ph.D. in Plant Sciences from Quaid-I-Azam University, Islamabad, Pakistan, in 2010. Since then, she has been a stalwart in academia, contributing significantly to her field. With an impressive record of 116 research articles and 57 abstracts/proceedings published in national and international journals/conferences, she has demonstrated a commitment to advancing scientific knowledge. Her literary contributions extend beyond articles, encompassing 11 books and 2 book chapters published by esteemed international and national publishers. Dr. Shabnum Shaheenhas been recognized for her outstanding achievements, earning a Gold Medal in an International Conference of Botany, a Gold Medal from Idara Farogh-e-Taleem & Federal Minister Kashmir Affairs, and a 3rd prize in a poster competition at an international conference. Notably, she successfully completed a project funded by HEC and authored a book based on this research. Her dedication is further evident in her role as a reviewer for numerous reputable journals and as an editorial board member of various International Scientific Committees. Dr. Shabnum Shaheen is a mentor and educator, having supervised 6 Ph.D., 52 MS, and 33 BS students to date, with ongoing guidance for 5 Ph.D. and 4 MS students, leaving an indelible mark on the academic landscape.
Publications all top Notes:
- Chemotaxonomic clarification of pharmaceutically important species of Cyperus L. 5(1): 67-75W1Jan2011 0.839
- Systematic identification of genus Brachiaria on the basis of vegetative and floral morphopalynological markers44 (SI), 143-149W1Jan20130.872
- Systematic and phytochemical evaluation of selected herbs of family Fabaceae23 (3), 872-881W1 March20130.638
- Traditional management of diabetes in Pakistan:Ethnobotanical investigation from traditional health Practitioners174,91–117W29July20153.055
- Molecular characterization of a begomovirus and associated satellites from cotton (Gossypium hirsutum from Dera Ghazi Khan district of Pakistan.27(4): 1245-1255W4April20170.407
- Antibacterial activity of phyto-mediated silver nanoparticles developed from Meliaazedarach119(2): 107-111W23August20170.263
- Molecular diversity and heterosis analysis for rice grain discoloration.54(3)579-587W3Sep20170.677
- Ethnobotanical studies of fodder grass resources for ruminant animals, based on the traditional knowledge of indigenous communities in Central Punjab Pakistan13:56(1-16)W4Oct20172.181
- Genetic Barcoding and phylogenetic analysis of dusky cotton bug (Oxycarenushyalinipennis) using mitochondrial cytochrome c oxidase I gene63(10): 59-63W31Oct20171.372
Genetic Barcoding and phylogenetic analysis of dusky cotton bug (Oxycarenushyalinipennis) using mitochondrial cytochrome c oxidase I gene63(10): 59-63W31Oct20171.372